I’m going to buy the Warm Bodies book. I feel ashamed that I didn’t know of something so wonderful till I found out about the movie…
I want to play DmC, but I’m kind of to the point where I’m too tired to focus, but not tired enough to sleep. What do?!
I seriously don’t want to go to school tomorrow. The only class that I even WANT to go to tomorrow is Drawing. *sigh*
I don’t think I have EVER been that absorbed, actually SURPRISED, or sad in my whole life while watching an anime. Even Galaxy Fraulein Yuna CANNOT compare. Omg.
I officially now have the saddest scene of an anime.
I was bawling.
From laughing to death. Yeah. Multiple times. “Let me eat the sushi with my BLOOD ON IT…”
1. Please tell us your name, age, and your history of being a fan.
My name is Misty, I’m 17 (almost 18) and I’ve loved anime since I was in the 2nd grade. (Though I wasn’t aware that what I was watching was called anime till around the fifth grade)
2. What was the first anime you saw?
Carcaptors actually. They used to play it on WB like…around 7 at night or something. If I remember correctly, I actually saw the whole series when I was younger. Of course,it was the silly, edited like crazy, American dub. xD
3. What was the anime that first addicted you?
SAILOR MOON. I used to MAKE my parents go to Blockbuster like EVERY WEEK for Sailor Moon. I didn’t have cable at the time, so believe it or not, I have never, once in my entire life seen Sailor Moon on a television channel. It was all dvds/tapes.
4. Who was the first seiyuu that you REALLY became a fan of?
Hmm….before I even knew what her name was I REALLY loved Cynthia Martinez, she’s not too big, but I seriously love her voice. :D She plays in This Ugly Yet Beautiful World as Hikari (she uses a different name in the credits though) and she’s also Yuna from Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, OH and don’t forget that she’s also the main girl in Slayers. Though I never realy watched it much. She’s also the little orphan girl from Elfen Lied.
5 Do you download torrents of anime, or watch streaming video?
I do torrents AND stream. Whichever works best for the show.
6. Please tell us the anime you prefer. More than one is okay.
Oh dear god. Well…I’ll just list the ones that I obsess over the MOST cause my list is huge. Get Backers, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Galaxy Angel, Shuffle!!, Code Geass, Tsubasa, Gakuen Alice, Sukisho, Lovely Complex…etc.
7. Please tell us the manga you prefer. More than one is okay.
I’m not even going to TRY and list some of these. I’m pretty open to anything really. I don’t really enjoy historical though.
8. Which male seiyuu do you like? Up to three is okay.
Jun Fukuyama, Kishou Taniyama and Hikaru Midorikawa. :)
9. Which female seiyuu do you like? Up to three is okay.
To be honest? I don’t pay attention to Japanese female Seiyuus. Sorry. xD
10. Which anime made you think, “Give me my money back!” as you were watching it?
OH GOD. Sister Princess. I thought it was kinda cute, but it was really, REALLY dull and killed me trying to watch it to be honest. I bought it for 45 bucks…and only got 11 when I sold it. »
11. Outside of the ones you prefer, which anime is on your mind the most right now?
Eden of the East. THERE’S MOVIES AND I DID NOT KNOW THIS.
12. What obscure-ish (anime you love that no one you know has heard of) do you like?
Most of the shows I seriously LOVE nobody knows. xD The biggest one is DEFINITELY Galaxy Fralein Yuna. Not ONE of my friends that I’ve met that actually really really likes anime has even heard of it. They’ve all seen it now because of me though. xDD
13. Please tell us which of the “cool older woman” type seiyuu do you like?
I really don’t pay attention.
14. Please tell us which of the “older sister” type seiyuu do you like?
I really just don’t pay attention. Enough with the Seiyuu questions. D< I pay attention to English voices easier.
15. Please give us your strong point and weak point as an anime fan.
My strong point is my extreme opinions on the shows that I watch, and the shows that I hate. I’m going to consider this a weak point as well, because I REALLY get into the opinions. I think some people have terrible taste in animes and I let them know about.
16. What’s your greatest boast as a anime fan?
Well…amongst my friends I have the most stuff. I have 45+ dvds, and 65 Manga’s. Though I’m pretty close to tied with my friend who has over 100 mangas, so I think anime related stuff we have the same as each other. xD She just started collecting mangas first, whereas I collected dvds. So….Lol.
17. What’s your greatest confession as an anime fan? Feel free to elaborate.
…When I was younger I would watch Sailor Moon (which I had completely and totally memorized [certain episodes/tapes/dvds anyway]). Well…I would act out a different character each time I watched it. I would do all the motions, say their lines and even get changed if it called for it. (For example, when Serena would change into the princess, I would put on a dress.) I LOVED doing it, and did it for a very long time till around the 7th grade. I think I did it since the 3rd. So quite a few years.
I still can quote those same episodes word for word. xD I’m not even ashamed about it.
18. Is there an anime you wish someone would make a remake of?
Hm…there are two answers to this. As much as I love the original Sailor Moon anime, I think it would be AWESOME if they would do a new version of it that followed the manga more precisely. Since they’ve been selling the mangas all rebooted, I’ve recently came to love it. I seriously love the manga, and the ideas seem so much better than how they did it in the anime.
I think they should AT LEAST do a new movie to it (anime NOT live action). If they did that, I think me and a couple thousands of other devoted fans, would cry of happiness. Don’ get me wrong. I would still LOVE the old anime of it. I just think that would be cool to do.
The other one is I think it’d be cool if they elaborated on Galaxy Fraulein Yuna. I love the 5 episodes and all, but it seems like the story line could be SO MUCH BETTER told if they continued on. I wish they would bring Ayako back like the did in the game. If they would make that series longer to at least 24 episodes, I’d cry my eyes out.
19. Is there a manga you wish there could be a sequel for?
Eh. I think most Manga end pretty well. There’s not really much need for any of them to continue on in my opinion.
20. Please try and analyze the kind of anime you’re inclined to enjoy.
I’m really random in what I enjoy. I said this earlier, but I don’t honestly enjoy historical stuff. It bores me.
I love pretty much any genre as long as they seem well thought out. I love animes as cute and adorable as Cardcaptor Sakura to as bloody and gory as Elfen Lied. The reason I enjoyed both of them was because the characters were well thought out, the storyline was clear, they kept the point clear, the music was well done, good animation, good art, and made sure to keep you entertained.
However, though I really did enjoy Togainu No Chi, there was one thing it lacked. Enjoyment. There were times where I felt they did more talking than was honestly even necessary, but as soon as they started picking up the pace again and got things done, THAT’S when I remembered why I loved the show. Had they not talked so pointlessly all the time. It’d be better. You know?
21. What anime characters do you think is suited for wearing gothic lolita? (guys wearing gothic suits and whatnot are okay too!)
Pretty much depends on what the show/manga calls for. I don’t really care.
22. Do you ever actually use the term “Japanese animation”?
I only use it to explain what I watch/enjoy to someone that is unaware of what the general term anime means.
23. Some comments on Megumi Hayashibara.
24. What do you think are requirements for a good anime?
For me, since I enjoy drawing, Art is extremely important. I’m not saying I won’t watch an anime with strange art, but I think having art that is interesting will get you wanting to watch it more. Other than that, I think they just need to make sure you stay interested, and entertained through out.
25. What do you think are requirements for a good manga?
Omg. Art. Since you have to be able to tell what’s going on from what they draw, it’s really hard to do so when you’re being distracted by the bad art. Or if it’s sloppy. Sloppy and choppy mangas are impossible for me to enjoy.
26. What do you think of Rumiko Takahashi?
I watched Ranma 1/2’s first season in a DAY. I also watched half of the second season the next day. I LOVED it. I also used to love Inuyasha, but I don’t really follow it much anymore.
27. What do you think of the SOS Brigade seiyuu (Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, Yuko Goto, Daisuke Ono, Tomokazu Sugita)?
*sigh* Didn’t I tell you I really don’t follow/care much about most seiyuus?
28. What do you think of the Full Metal Alchemist seiyuu?
….I refuse to say more on this.
29. What is the coolest name for an anime/manga character?
I’ve always thought that the names Lelouch and Suzaku were really catchy, and not very usual. I like unusual names. It just so happens that the two I really like are in the same show. xD
30. Is there an anime you wish you could have seen when it was still being televised?
SAILOR MOON. ;-; Need I say any more?
31. Is there an anime/manga where you think: “It wasn’t licensed this time, but next time…”? What is it?
LOVELY COMPLEX. I NEED TO OWN IT. If I could speak Italian this wouldn’t be a problem, as it is DUBBED officially in Italian, but they won’t so much as give me the satisfaction of an official subtitled release. :C
32. Some comments on May’n.
33. If you had to select an anime from this or last year to recommend, what would it be?
TIGER AND BUNNY, Star Driver, and Eden of the East. I love them.
34. In terms of art style, do you prefer Naruto or Bleach.
Ugh. Is this really a question? I’ll say Bleach as for the sake of the argument.
35. Is there someone (studio, seiyuu, director etc.) whom you want to ask to improve something? Who/what is it?
….I don’t care.
36. Some comments on Maya Sakamoto.
37. Some comments on Natsuki Takaya.
Okay. I’m getting tired of you and you’re questions on people I don’t know.
38. Please tell us about a person (seiyuu, director, artist, music group, whoever!) who should be used more in the anime industry.
You know? I think it’d be really cool to hear Big Bang or someone do a theme song. xD
39. If I said “someone treasured by the fandom”, whom would you associate that with?
Uh….I don’t really get what you’re saying. But Jun Fukuyama I guess.
40. Whom do you consider the best seiyuu/singer?
JUN FUKUYAMA. HE HAS AMAZING MUSIC.
41. “Bad plot”, “bad art” and “bad music”. Which one of these is the biggest anime turn-off?
I don’t honestly pay attention the music, if it’s bad, who cares? Bad art is irritating to a point, but in the end it’s ALWAYS the bad plot that kills me.
42. Some comments on KOTOKO.
43. What do you think is the preferred amount of episodes for an anime to air?
24-26. I just think this is the perfect amount. Though I think 50 is also a good amount. I’ll just say once it gets over the amount of 200, it’s time to stop.
44. Please tell us who your favorite anime director is, and which of their works you like most. Up to two people is okay.
I don’t even pay attention to directors in america.
45. Please tell us who your favorite mangaka is, and which of their works you like most. Up to two people is okay.
It used to be CLAMP, I still love them and all, but not as much anymore.
So I’d say Kyousuke Motomi. She does Dengeki Daisy and Beast master. Which I love both very much. :D
46. Is there a cosplay you’d like to try on?
I cosplay all the time, but I’d say one that I’ve always wanted to do since I’ve started is Sailor Venus or Sailor V. I love both. xDDD (If you don’t know the difference, than you don’t pay attention. Lol.)
47. Please tell us your favorite anime instrumental tune. Up to three is okay.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. I actually bought the soundtrack.
Sailor Moon. They have so many. I love them. xDD Original, dub and video is just awesome.
Tsubasa. I love the character theme songs the most. Oh and the theme song from the movie. So pretttty.
48. Please tell us your favorite anime opening. Up to three is okay.
Tsubasa’s opening has always been a big favorite of mine.
Gakuen Alice’s opening is just so cute!!!
Lovely Complex’s!! The first one though.
49. Please tell us your favorite anime ending. Up to three is okay.
The Tuxedo Mirage ending from Sailor Moon. I think that was the S season?
Lovely Complex’s first ending. I have that entire song memorized.
Get Backers second ending…I believe.
50. If I say “tsundere”, who do you think of?
DEFINITELY Misaki from Maid Sama. xD
51. What do you think is Studio Ghibli’s best work?
Omg. Spirited Away. I love that movie sooooo much.
52. What do you think of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood being made less than a decade after the first series?
I never even watched the original. So I don’t hold an opinion.
53. Please tell us what you think is Kyoto Animation’s best work?
Apparently he did Haruhi…so I’ll say that. xDD
54. Some comments on Mamoru Hosoda’s works.
55. In general, what anime studio do you like the most?
I don’t really pay attention.
56. Is there someone from outside of Japan that you’d like to work on an anime? It doesn’t matter how feasible it is.
Uh….no? I don’t care.
57. Is there an original work (novel, movie, historical person) that you’d like to see turned into an anime?
I’m going to say I’d rather see a certain video game turned into an anime, and that’d be Dark Cloud2. And the first one. I think they’d make AWESOME animes.
58. Do you like Studio Bones’ works?
59. What do you think of Studio Pierrot’s works?
60. Well then, what about Madhouse?
61. Who is your favorite anime hero?
….Tuxedo Mask. ;D
62. Well then, what about the best heroine?
Yuna from Galaxy Fraulein Yuna.
63. Predict the winners of Saimoe this year.
…the winners of what?
64. Do you watch anime alone or with friends?
I seriously LOVE watching with a big group of friends, but it’s generally just me, or the occasional me and a friend. xD
65. Do you have a lot of friends that watch anime/read manga?
Yeah. Almost ALL of my close friends watch it. I don’t even mean for it. They just happen to actually watch it. It’s crazy. Some are more into it then others though. Most of us go to conventions.
66. What do you think of otaku culture in general?
Well sense Otaku can mean multiple things, I’m going to go on. xD
I really like it. I think that no matter what you’re an otaku over, it just shows dedication to something strange, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. :)
However, some people go a little over board, and they’re the ones that make the less crazy ones look bad.
67. Do you like moe?
68. Feel free to say something about sailor uniforms.
Hee hee. Hee. I love them. xDDD
69. A comment about Newtype.
I am SO SAD that it’s not in English anymore. It was my favorite magazine, and I only have 3 volumes, because by the time I discovered it, it was right before it didn’t get published in English anymore. :C
70. A comment about English language anime magazines (Anime Insider, Protoculture Addicts, etc.).
I have a few of them, I’m not one for magazines though. I use Anime News Network for that type of stuff really.
71. Do you use Animate often?
72. What goods would you like to see at Animate?
…I don’t know what this is.
73. Have you ever been to Kinokuniya?
I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS.
74. Is there a video you saw against your better judgment and liked?
Against my better judgement? Heh. Heh. Heh. THis stuff can get kinda creepy, but let’s just say…PICO. Enough of that now.
75. What do you do with your anime stuff in your room?
Oh no. You just had to ask. Well…here it goes.
Most of the stuff I own is manga and anime, and they are all in my closet on bookshelves. Not that I wanna hide em, I’d love to flaunt em, but that’s the only place I have room.
I have three figurines (A CCS one, Star Driver one, and a Sango one) and they’re on my mirror shelves. I have a few collectors cards from Scryed, a random ad card of Devil May cry, and the case for my Star Driver figurine on my mirror. I have 2 cellphone charms, a Suzaku Kururugi one, and a Takuto one. I have a lot of posters on my walls, an Eevee plushie, a Bulbasoar plushie, and a pikachu plushie. They’re in a pile of my stuffed animals. I also have plushies of Luna and Artemis from the dollar store YEARS back, and a Sailor Moon pencil box I use for school.
*Takes a deep breath* I think that’s it. xDD
76. Please tell us about a maid cafe you would recommend.
Uh…don’t have one?XD
77. What is your most expensive anime-related purchase?
Probably the whole series of Get Backers. I bought season one and two for 70 dollars. :)
78. Feel free to say something about Anime News Network.
I don’t go there often, but when I do it’s generally to find out if the voice I thought a character was done by was in fact another character. xD Though My Anime List is better for that. I use it very little.
79. Do you watch anime on TV?
I used to watch the Funimation channel, but that doesn’t exist anymore. I watch anime on Netflix now.
80. Do you actually buy raw manga?
I didn’t actually BUY these, but my parents found some raw Korean Mangas, and I thought they were awesome. I kept them. xD
81. What do you think about Gothic Lolita being used in special art (like Haruhi characters being dressed in it in artbooks).
I think it’s fun, but it can be a bit overused. I think it’s AWESOME when they do a good job though, I just don’t think some character work for it.
82. What do you think about the “how to draw manga” books?
*holds in histerical laughter* Are you KIDDING ME? Those things don’t do shit. You don’t learn how to draw through a badly done how to draw manga book. I only used them for inspiration. HOWEVER, I do have one that teaches you how to do a manga. As in the paneling and effects, which is actually quite useful. :)
83. Confess, if you’re talking with a friend about anime you don’t really like, are you bored?
Depends on the person. There is ONE person that CONSTANTLY talks to me about shows I have never once showed an interest in, and she’s obsessed with them, always telling me to watch them. If I WANTED to. I would have.
84. What, in your opinion, makes moe so attractive?
It is cute, but I’m not really a moe kinda person?
85. Are you partial to the anime blogsphere?
86. Have you gotten caught up in any internet conflicts?
Yeah. Lately I’ve been following every possibly up-to-date and actually correct sites about the fight for licensing the Sailor Moon anime again. I want to know what happens the DAY the information is released.
87. Do you prefer not to think of anime as a business?
I kinda think so. I feel like some of the animes have simply came out to tame down the crazy ones that are giving them shit tons of money. For example, I’ve noticed that the ecchi/hentai-ish shows have grown. I’ve never been one for those, but it could just be that the mangas that those were originally from have just become popular around the same time and got turned in to anime. Idk.
88. What do you think of non-anime fans who associate anime as animated pornography or kiddy cartoons?
This actually happens ALL THE TIME around me. I don’t know why, but I feel like when I tell people that’s what I enjoy watching they say something like “Oh….well…okay.” People are constantly assuming it’s either for kids, or for adults only. It actually is generally meant for teens and adults. And when I say adults, I’m not saying that it’s JUST the pornographic types the adults like.
89. Have you come out as a Takarazuka fan at work or school?
I don’t know what you’re saying.
90. If a complete beginner asked you “What’s so great about anime?” how would you reply?
It’s unique. There is an anime out there for ANYONE. Regardless of who you are, or what you enjoy. There is more to anime than Pokemon and tentacle porn. xD
91. Have you ever used the term “obsessed” in regards to your love for anime?
Yes. I still do sometimes, but I’ve tamed down quite a bit.
92. Has your love for anime ever slanted your perceptions of men in your real life?
HEH HEH HEH. Yes. So dramatically so at points. I try not to let it make me think differently. But it does.
93. Have you ever had an instant as a fan where you thought: “I’ve gone past the point of no return?”
Oh god. Every day. I’ll sit watching/reading something and realize that I am WAY WAY into it. While in that moment of reading or watching THAT is my world. You know? So yeah. I have definitely gone pass the point of no return.
94. What kind of person is an “excessive fan”?
The ones that use Japanese in their normal speech patterns first of all. Either Cosplay REALLY badly, or do nothing BUT cosplay. Try to force people to enjoy anime/manga, and everything they do is related to anime or manga. I’ll admit, when I was younger almost everything I did revolved around it, but I was a kid so it was alright. It’s the people that are my age (17) and still let it completely control them that freak me out.
95. What are your opinions of the different genders being anime fans?
Dude. Who cares what gender you are? A guy can LOVE Shoujou anime and still be straight, just as a girl can love Shonen and still be girly. Who cares? If you enjoy it, that’s all that matters. Guys that love anime are my heroes.
96. Please tell us your definition of an “old fan”.
People who watch all, or mostly stuff from 90s and below.
97. What do you think is something that anime fans must not do?
If you’re going to cosplay, PLEASE try to actually make it good. I cosplay a lot, but I really do make it presentable. If I don’t think it looks close to fantastic, I refuse to wear it. That should just be a rule.
98. What would cause you to stop being an anime fan?
I don’t know? I think I’ll always love it till I die. I’m sure my big obsession with it will die down the older I get, but I’ll always watch it. Even if the new animes begin to suck, I’ll always go back to what I used to watch and love.
99. Do you want your children to be anime fans?
I’m not going to force them into it, but they WILL know what it is, as my love for it will probably never go away. I won’t make them try to enjoy it, but they won’t be ignorant of it either. Fair enough?
100. Last question. What is anime to you? Please answer with something other than “escapism”.
It IS a big escape for me, but it also led me to a great deal of amazing people. I think that anime is a strange, but very strong bond amongst friends. For example, whenever I go to a convention I ALWAYS feel welcome, and most everyone there is super nice and willing to talk to you.
So to me, it’s a huge bond amongst friends. It gives you the opportunity to do things with people that is unusual. I think when you find groups of people that love a more unusual thing, than the bond is automatically stronger.
(Pic is NOT me)
I cry like…once a week. It needs to stop. I must be stronger.